Now, let's dive into the captivating world of National Taco Day with these exclusive facts:
Fill in – Tacos have been around since the Aztecs and Mayans utilized tortillas as edible spoons.some text
– A Mexican cookbook from the nineteenth century had the first taco recipe.
– It is thought that the word "taco" derives from the Spanish word "taco," which means a plug or a wad and refers to the way tortillas were used to wrap food.
– Glen Bell, the company's creator, gave it the moniker Taco Bell. – The most expensive taco in the world is covered in gold leaf and costs a whopping $25,000!
– In the United States, the popularity of tacos soared in the 1960s thanks to fast-food restaurants.
– The taco emoji was included in the Unicode Standard in 2015 in honor of its widespread appeal.
In the 1980s, the fast-food restaurant Taco John's made "Taco Tuesday" well-known.
Share these incredible taco facts with your friends and family this National Taco Day and celebrate this beloved dish with a newfound appreciation!